Grass covered car to go on auction in Wymondham to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Volvo V40 covered in artificial grass to emulate a golf course is to go on auction in Wymondham to raise money for the East Anglia's Children Hospice (EACH).
The car called 'Rockin' to Rimini' is a Volvo V40 and it has been covered in artificial grass and has three holes on the top of it for people to try and chip plastic balls in to.
It was designed by a team called 'The 19th Hole' a group of four Attleborough police officers who drove it in the Rockin to Rimini challenge from Lille across to Rimini in June.
The team hoped to raise £5,000 for EACH for taking on the 860 mile trek.
Businesses including Robert Kemp Motors, Ridgins and Namgrass all helped prepare the car, which in keeping with the rules of the competition, cost less than £300.
The car is being auction on August 4 at East Anglian Motor Auctions in Wymondham.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack