Grants on offer for Breckland community groups to hold events in memory of MP Jo Cox
Breckland Council is offering one-off grants to help communities come together for a nationwide event in memory Labour MP Jo Cox.
Mrs Cox represented Batley and Spen in Yorkshire and was killed on June 16, 2016.
People from all backgrounds across the country are being encouraged to hold community events on June 17-18 for the Great Get Together.
Paul Claussen, Breckland Council executive member, said: 'It will be a fantastic opportunity for residents to get to know their neighbours better, have fun and make new friends.'
The council's grant scheme will help cover the costs of staging an event and organisations including parish councils, sports clubs, women's institutes and social clubs can apply for up to £200.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for applications is May 2.
To find out more email email@example.com visit www.breckland.gov.uk/community-funding, or call 01362 656870.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Caravan catches fire in Norwich