Grants on offer for Breckland community groups to hold events in memory of MP Jo Cox
Breckland Council is offering one-off grants to help communities come together for a nationwide event in memory Labour MP Jo Cox.
Mrs Cox represented Batley and Spen in Yorkshire and was killed on June 16, 2016.
People from all backgrounds across the country are being encouraged to hold community events on June 17-18 for the Great Get Together.
Paul Claussen, Breckland Council executive member, said: 'It will be a fantastic opportunity for residents to get to know their neighbours better, have fun and make new friends.'
The council's grant scheme will help cover the costs of staging an event and organisations including parish councils, sports clubs, women's institutes and social clubs can apply for up to £200.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for applications is May 2.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org visit www.breckland.gov.uk/community-funding, or call 01362 656870.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit