Grant will speed up recycling process at Beccles-based Aquablast
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles company which specialises in ultra-high pressure water is eyeing growth after receiving a grant for new equipment.
Aquablast will put the £1,600 from the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership's Micro Grant Scheme towards the cost of a seven-ton forklift truck, which is double the size of its previous vehicle.
The 30-year-old company, based in Benacre Road, has pioneered environmentally-friendly recycling processes using ultra-high pressure water jets, including the recycling of scrap rubber crawler tracks from diggers and excavators. Aquablast's Recyclatrack operation uses water to separate the metal and rubber, meaning they can be reused – the steel is sold as scrap, and the rubber crumb recycled into other products such as playground surfaces, while the water is filtered, cleaned and reused.
The new forklift will be used to manoeuvre the rubber tracks around the plant more easily, speeding up the process.
Company director Andrew Watt said: 'These rubber tracks are extremely heavy and come in all shapes and sizes which can be very difficult to handle.
You may also want to watch:
'The micro grant has accelerated the purchase of a more powerful fork-lift and this makes the recycling process slicker, saving us time and will help us to increase turnover.'
The micro grant scheme awards grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 to help firms grow, and is funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
To apply for grants from the New Anglia Growth Hub, call 0300 333 6536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org