Grandfather finds piece of razor blade in beef burger during family barbecue
- Credit: Archant
A grandfather found a piece of razor blade in his Birdseye burger at a family barbecue in Thetford on Sunday.
The family of Mick Nembhard, from Thetford, had already enjoyed three Birdseye original beef burgers at a barbecue on Sunday when the 55-year-old put three more on the grill for his son.
But as the burgers cooked, Mr Nembhard noticed something unusual.
'It was a sunny day and I saw something glinting on the top of the burger. I thought it must have been a bit of tin foil, but I hadn't used any.
'I asked my daughter to have a look and she said it was a piece of razor blade,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nembhard took the burgers back to Farm Foods in Thetford where he had bought them.
He was given a refund and promised that Birdseye would be informed.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
He said: 'My three-year-old grand-daughter was with us and if she had eaten that it would have been no joke.
'If anyone swallowed a piece of metal like that it could do you some serious damage - it turned my stomach as I was thinking about what was in the ones we'd already eaten.'
A spokesman for Birdseye said Mr Nembhard would have to send in the burger and piece of blade for an investigation to take place.