Granddaughter appeals for help to find coat given to Dereham charity shop
- Credit: Amber Preston
A Dereham woman is appealing for help to trace a coat that belonged to her late grandmother and was given to a charity shop by mistake.
Christine Preston, from Toftwood, died on August 6 aged 73 and recently some of her clothes were donated to charity.
The Sue Ryder, Cancer Research and the Children's Society shops in Dereham were given some of the clothes but among them was a purple coat that Mrs Preston's granddaugther Amber wanted as a keepsake.
Miss Preston has since contacted the charity shops but the coat is nowhere to be seen and she fears it has been sold or moved to another store.
'This is the only thing I wanted of hers and it's very special and close to my heart and I really want it back,' she said. 'I'm willing to pay for it.
You may also want to watch:
'I bought her that coat and she loved it and always wore it.
'I took a photo of her in it when she got her new car and as she left me her car I wanted to recreate the photo. It might sound a bit strange but it's just important to me.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
'She was a second mum to me, we were very close.'
If anyone has bought the coat or seen it in another charity shop they can contact Miss Preston on 07985 170123.