Grand Henham Steam Rally defies the elements for enjoyable first day at Henham Park
- Credit: Archant
In recent years Henham Park has become known as the picturesque home of Latitude Festival, however an event that pre-dates it by decades continues to go strong.
It was full steam ahead despite inclement weather as the Grand Henham Steam Rally greeted families, enthusiasts and dozens of stunning engines.
For the 43rd year, steam fans were treated to close encounters with the magnificent machines, as well as a wide variety of displays in the main arena.
Despite a few heavy showers, none of the attractions were called off and the rally's full programme went ahead as planned.
Mike Powell-Evans, rally committee chairman, said: 'The people who came really seemed to enjoy themselves. I would also like to pay tribute to our dedicated group of volunteers, who make the rally possible. The steam engines were a highlight for me as ever.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area