Grab your skates! Norwich Ice Rink returns to Castle Mall Gardens this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
It's that time of year again! Grab your skates and get ready for the return of Norwich's favourite Christmas attraction.
The Norwich Ice Rink will be back in Castle Mall Gardens this December for all to enjoy.
The Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News rink is made from real ice which promises a smooth, traditional skating experience.
'Snowy Joey' the 50ft snowman bouncy castle will also be making a return over the festive period as an extra treat for little ones.
In 2016 more than 16,000 people took to the ice during one of our skating sessions.
You may also want to watch:
This year the rink will open on Friday, December 15 and run until Sunday 7 January, closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Stephanie Griffin, who worked at the rink last year said: 'I loved the authentic skating experience, synthetic rinks just don't compare.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
'It's amazing how quickly you can pick up ice skating. With laughter, bravery and some festive spirit you can come a long way in one session!'
Sophie Urry, who works in Norwich added: 'It's a lovely thing to do with a group of friends, you could make it an evening out, full of laughter and fun'
If you want to secure your place on the rink, booking is now open at icerinknorwich.co.uk Booking in advance not only guarantees a fun day out for the family, but will give advance buyers 10 per cent off their ticket price.
Use code EARLYBIRD when buying your tickets before November 12 to make the most of this special discount.
Tickets can also be bought on the day from the Ticket Hut in Castle Mall Gardens, at £12 per adult and £8 for children and concessions.
This year's rink is sponsored by the Sleeping Beauty pantomime at the Norwich Theatre Royal.
With parking at the Castle Mall car park, it couldn't be a more convenient trip for family and friends.