Grab a pizza the action! Italian street food café Saporita opens in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A new panini and pizza café has opened on St Andrews Hill in Norwich and hopes to bring a slice of something new to the city.
The new eatery is called Saporita, which translates as 'tasty', and offers pizza by the slice, panino (panini), focaccia and tagliere.
All the food is made fresh in store using authentic Italian ingredients and customers can either take away or enjoy the taste of Italy in the comfort of the café.
Taking inspiration from her parents, who run a small kiosk called Panino Pizza in Milan, Saporita owner Veronica Iapichino decided to open in Norwich after spotting a gap in the market.
Miss Iapichino, aged 29 and living at Norwich Riverside, said: 'I want Saporita to follow the path of Panino Pizza and be a place where people can enjoy easy and tasty Italian street food.
You may also want to watch:
'Whilst working in Norwich I noticed that people like to eat out, but they don't have time to go to a restaurant very often so I thought a place that did Italian food that wasn't a restaurant would be something new in the city.'
They are launching a real Italian Aperitivo into Norwich on Friday, February 17 from 5pm-8pm.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
Miss Iapichino added: 'The Aperitivo sees friends and family unwind together in the early evening with a spritz, beer or wine and a buffet.'