Grab a pizza the action! Italian street food café Saporita opens in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A new panini and pizza café has opened on St Andrews Hill in Norwich and hopes to bring a slice of something new to the city.
The new eatery is called Saporita, which translates as 'tasty', and offers pizza by the slice, panino (panini), focaccia and tagliere.
All the food is made fresh in store using authentic Italian ingredients and customers can either take away or enjoy the taste of Italy in the comfort of the café.
Taking inspiration from her parents, who run a small kiosk called Panino Pizza in Milan, Saporita owner Veronica Iapichino decided to open in Norwich after spotting a gap in the market.
Miss Iapichino, aged 29 and living at Norwich Riverside, said: 'I want Saporita to follow the path of Panino Pizza and be a place where people can enjoy easy and tasty Italian street food.
You may also want to watch:
'Whilst working in Norwich I noticed that people like to eat out, but they don't have time to go to a restaurant very often so I thought a place that did Italian food that wasn't a restaurant would be something new in the city.'
They are launching a real Italian Aperitivo into Norwich on Friday, February 17 from 5pm-8pm.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
Miss Iapichino added: 'The Aperitivo sees friends and family unwind together in the early evening with a spritz, beer or wine and a buffet.'