Got some clutter? This ‘reuse’ event in Costessey could be just the answer
- Credit: Archant
Residents will be able to do drop off unwanted items at an upcoming 'reuse' event at Costessey's Breckland Hall.
Textiles, furniture, books, board games, small electrical items, bikes, household paint and tools can be dropped off at the hall from 9am to 3pm on May 30.
If they pass a safety check, many of the items can be taken away between 11am and 3pm for reuse, with an optional donation to charity.
Broken or unsafe items are taken away for recycling.
Power tools, woodwork and metal work tools can be donated to the Men's Shed Project in Poringland, and all bikes collected will be sent to HMP Wayland where the prisoners will gain new skills by reconditioning them before they are sold for charity.
You may also want to watch:
Residents will also be able to drop off cans of household paint - limited to two cans of paint per person. The paint must be a water based emulsion, no more than two years old and be at least half full.
The paint will also go to Wayland prison to be used in community projects.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
At the end of each event, all items not taken away for reuse are donated to EACH.
To find out more about how you can recycle and reuse visit www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/recycling