Gorleston woman putting heart before head as she prepare to brave the shave
- Credit: Eleanor Hindley
A hotel apprentice is to say farewell to her locks next month after being inspired by a trip through her family's history.
After learning her grandfather died from heart disease, 21-year-old Eleanor Hindley has vowed to shave her head in aid of the British Heart Foundation.
Miss Hindley, of Gorleston, will have 12in cut from her head before shaving down to a number one - provided she can raise more than £100 before March 31.
She said: 'A lot of people don't realise hair loss can be an early sign of heart disease, so I thought I could do this to raise a bit of awareness about that. People tend to associate it with other diseases more.'
Miss Hindley was also inspired by her partner Nick, who suffers from a rare heart condition himself.
You may also want to watch:
She will brave the shave on March 31 at the British Heart Foundation shop on Market Place in Great Yarmouth, with customers able to pay to cut a plait from her head themselves.
To donate visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Elly-Mays-Head-Shave
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m