Gorleston teenager’s first fundraiser starts ambitious bid for rescue service car
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An ambitious bid to raise tens of thousands of pounds kicked off on Monday, with tasty cakes and tea.
Susan Hart, 16, is looking to raise around £56,000 to buy and kit out a car for the Norfolk Accident Rescue Service (NARS).
This surprisingly little-known group receive no government or health service funding, but provide expert medical help at the scene of road crashes and other emergencies.
Susan, a former Ormiston Venture Academy pupil, wants to raise money for the service so they can have a car for the Yarmouth area, which she said would mean that more lives can be saved.
Already the volunteers attend more than 300 serous incidents every year, and Susan has seen this first hand as her father, Barry, is part of NARS.
You may also want to watch:
And at the event at St Mary Magdalene Church Hall earlier in the week, Susan was able to raise £143 towards her goal.
She said: 'It went really well. There were a steady stream of people, we were all surprised at how much we raised.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
'We've got a couple more things coming up in the pipeline, and I'm going to be at Hopton Summer Fete and Carnival.'
This will be held on Sunday, August 21.
For more information or to donate, visit crowdfunding.justgiving.com/project-56 or to get involved with fundraising contact Susan on email@example.com