Gorleston swimmer Jessica-Jane hits the water at London 2012 Paralympics
Gorleston's own Paralympic hopeful Jessica-Jane Applegate kicked off her Paralympic Games medal fight this morning with a solid third place in the women's 100m backstroke heats.
The 15-year-old, who suffers from Aspergers, swam a time of one minute, ten seconds and 32 hundredths of a second, just behind first place ParalympicsGB colleague Chloe Davies, who swam in one minute, nine seconds and 22 hundredths of a second.
Natalie Massey of Team GB also qualified for the next round after finishing seventh.
This year Jessica-Jane stormed to two gold and two bronze medals at the German International Championships in Berlin.
She is also the British champion at 200m freestyle and has a good chance of winning a medal in London.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault