Gorleston students prove they are superstars by supporting local club
- Credit: Archant
Students at East Norfolk Sixth Form College have been raising money for local club, Saturday Superstars.
Saturday Superstars is an inclusive club for children and young adults who have a range of learning disabilities. Some members having additional sensory impairment or physical disabilities.
The club provides a chance to socialise with friends, and develop and celebrate strengths and talents.
It hold arts, crafts and cookery sessions, indoor and outdoor games, a summer outing and a Christmas party. The student association organised various events over the last academic year including an end of term party with a sponge a teacher session and barbecue.
The Gorleston college held an autism awareness event to enable the college community to learn about the challenges and reality of autism and raise funds.
You may also want to watch:
The club was presented with a cheque for £303 from the college.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 7 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 8 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub