Gorleston singer Leah Robbins to perform at Open Mic area finals
- Credit: Kay Masters
A teenager from Gorleston has made it through the semi-finals of a national music competition.
Leah Robbins, a student at Lynn Grove Academy, is performing this weekend in London for the areas final at Open Mic, which is said to be the UK's premier music competition for unsigned acts.
Leah, 13, sings a variety of genres, but her passion is for country music. Every year, she performs at the Clifftop Festival with drama group Stage Door, which is run by Sheila Pascall who is her singing teacher.
In 2016, she took part in Lowestoft's got Talent and won first place, and this year she attended Martham's got Talent and won it. She sings at summer and Christmas events for schools and charity events.
Leah attended auditions in September and sang Blue Smoke by Dolly Parton. She then sang Before he Cheats by Carrie Underwood in the regional heats.
You may also want to watch:
Leah's mum, Kay Masters said: 'We are all very proud of everything she is achieving and her passion to follow her dream. She doesn't just enter competitions to win, she just loves to perform.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire