Gorleston school confirms it will be open on Friday after burst water pipe
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Ormiston Venture Academy in Gorleston will be open tomorrow after it was forced to close today due to a burst water pipe.
The burst water pipe led to electrical problems and the fire brigade being called into pump water away.
An academy spokesman said: 'We are pleased to say that the academy will reopen tomorrow, thanks to the hard work of the local fire service, engineers on site and our fantastic staff, after we reluctantly took the decision to close the academy today, following a burst water pipe overnight, which caused an electrics failure.
'We would like to thank staff, parents, and students for their patience. The damage has now been repaired and the electrical systems have been fully checked with all health and safety issues having been assessed and resolved.'
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'