Gorleston’s Hospital Radio Yare station to feature in national broadcast event
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
A hospital radio station is preparing to take part in a national broadcast event that will last 48 hours.
Hospital Radio Yare at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleson will be taking part in the Big Broadcast hospital radio event that will run from 6pm on Saturday, April 29 to 6pm on Monday, May 1.
The 48 hour streaming schedule will include a mixture of pop and country songs, film and show tunes and requests and dedications from listeners all over Great Britain and Ireland.
So far it features dozens of stations.
Taking part in the national event will be Hospital Radio Yare's Richard Smith, who has been involved with hospital radio since the 1980s.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The emphasis on the show is to create a fun, party atmosphere aimed specifically at those patients, staff and listeners to all the stations that take part who are unlucky enough to be in hospital or recuperating over the bank holiday weekend.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones