Gorleston roads to be subject of closure and 30mph speed limits
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press �2004
Road bosses have put in plans to restrict part of a Gorleston road to motorists and introduce 30mph limits to the surrounding area.
Norfolk County Council has issued two traffic orders affecting Wood Farm Lane and Oriel Avenue from October 23.
The first order will see traffic prohibited on Wood Farm Lane 286 metres south of its junction with Oriel Avenue for a distance of 20 metres southwards, except for access.
The other traffic order will see a 30mph limit along Wood Farm Lane from the junction of Oriel Avenue for 306 metres and also Oriel Avenue from its junction with Wood Farm Lane for a distance of 135 metres going north east.
The county council says that if anyone wishes to question the validity of the road restriction for Wood Farm Lane they can apply to the High Court within six weeks of October 18.
The officer dealing with the 30mph measures can be contacted on 01603 222497.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks