Gorleston market stall donation plea is issued
A housing scheme for the frail and elderly is appealing for donations for a market stall that has been set up there.
St Augustine's Place on Addison Road in Gorleston is run by Norsecare and constantly strives to raise money for its tenants amenity fund, which pays for social entertainment.
Zowie Bedford, one of the team leaders, came up with the idea of starting up a market stall in the main foyer selling second hand dress jewellery and unwanted toiletry products.
With the support of donations from staff, tenants and families, her venture is now off the ground and the stall is now open to the public too.
If anybody has any dress jewellery or toiletry products that they no longer want they can be donated. Call 01493 441710 and someone will come and collect items.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift