Gorleston hospital consultant is named as visiting professor by University of East Anglia
- Credit: Archant
A senior ophthalmologist at the James Paget University Hospital has been given a professorship as recognition of his role in promoting research.
Ben Burton, a consultant ophthalmologist and clinical director of research and development, has been named a visiting professor by the University of East Anglia to mark his continued support and development of the research department at the Gorleston hospital.
He became involved in setting up a research team at the hospital in 2009.
The team has steadily grown from its original three members to reach 24 now, reflecting the growing importance of research in improving patient outcomes.
He said: 'I'm delighted to receive this recognition. It is a great opportunity to improve the trust's links with the UEA whist opening the door to expansion of research collaboration, ultimately improving quality and standards for patients.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working