Gorleston hospital consultant is named as visiting professor by University of East Anglia
- Credit: Archant
A senior ophthalmologist at the James Paget University Hospital has been given a professorship as recognition of his role in promoting research.
Ben Burton, a consultant ophthalmologist and clinical director of research and development, has been named a visiting professor by the University of East Anglia to mark his continued support and development of the research department at the Gorleston hospital.
He became involved in setting up a research team at the hospital in 2009.
The team has steadily grown from its original three members to reach 24 now, reflecting the growing importance of research in improving patient outcomes.
He said: 'I'm delighted to receive this recognition. It is a great opportunity to improve the trust's links with the UEA whist opening the door to expansion of research collaboration, ultimately improving quality and standards for patients.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 9 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park