Gorleston golfers tee up a charity boost for East Coast Hospice appeal
- Credit: Archant
A captain of a golf club and her fellow coffee loving members have given a £700 boost to a hospice charity.
Gorleston Golf Club's ladies section held an annual coffee morning which raised more than £700 for the newly elected ladies captain's chosen charity.
Vonnie Thornton has nominated East Coast Hospice as her chosen charity for the year.
East Coast Hospice wants to build an independent hospice and provide specialist palliative care inpatient and day care services for the people of Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
It is raising funds to build Margaret Chadd House, a 10-bed hospice on the Gorleston/Hopton border.
You may also want to watch:
Andrea King, of the hospice appeal, said the fundraising efforts of the captain and the members were 'wonderful' and would go towards the goal of raising the roof of Margaret Chadd House.
To support the appeal visit www.eastcoasthospice.org.uk or call 01493 718707.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 9 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success