Lifeboats called to help two yachts off Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
Lifeboats were called to help two yachts after they got into trouble off the Norfolk coast.
Lowestoft's lifeboat was called to help a vessel 20 miles from the coast at around 6.30pm today (Thursday, August 9).
The 40ft yacht, which had two people aboard, was suffering from a problem with its motor.
A HM Coastguard spokesman said those aboard the vessel 'did not feel confident' using the sails due to adverse weather.
Meanwhile, a lifeboat from Gorleston was called to assist two people aboard a 30ft yacht off the coast.
The vessel was also suffering with motor problems. The lifeboat was called at 5.40pm.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit