Goose on the loose at Carrow Road gets ‘biggest cheer of the night’
- Credit: Archant
As Norwich City soared to a 3-2 victory against Swindon Town on Tuesday night there was another visitor flying high at Carrow Road.
A goose on the loose at the Carabao Cup clash gained 'the biggest cheer of the night' when he did laps of the ground during the second half and the crowd celebrated with a Mexican wave.
Matthew Large, a Norwich City fan from Wymondham, tweeted: 'The Goose Mexican Wave is one of the best, if short-lived, moments I've witnessed at a football game #ncfc'
But the club's newest winger didn't last long on the pitch as it flew into one of the fan tunnels after three laps.
A fan then came to the rescue and wrapped the bird up in a coat so it could be taken to safety.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Holman captured the moment on camera and tweeted: 'A happy ending for @thencfcgoose and #thecanaries...just! #hesgotthegoose #biggestcheerofthenight.'
The gutsy goose now has its own Twitter account @thencfcgoose - which already has over 200 followers.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
The NCFC goose tweeted: 'Glad to have made my debut at Carrow Road tonight, thanks for the welcome. See you all on Sunday! #OTBC'
Norwich City face Sunderland for their first championship season home game this weekend.
Cerys Becker tweeted: 'Entertaining match. Entertaining goose. Through to the next round of the cup. What more could you want from a Tuesday night match?? #ncfc'