Goose on the loose at Carrow Road gets ‘biggest cheer of the night’
- Credit: Archant
As Norwich City soared to a 3-2 victory against Swindon Town on Tuesday night there was another visitor flying high at Carrow Road.
A goose on the loose at the Carabao Cup clash gained 'the biggest cheer of the night' when he did laps of the ground during the second half and the crowd celebrated with a Mexican wave.
Matthew Large, a Norwich City fan from Wymondham, tweeted: 'The Goose Mexican Wave is one of the best, if short-lived, moments I've witnessed at a football game #ncfc'
But the club's newest winger didn't last long on the pitch as it flew into one of the fan tunnels after three laps.
A fan then came to the rescue and wrapped the bird up in a coat so it could be taken to safety.
Ed Holman captured the moment on camera and tweeted: 'A happy ending for @thencfcgoose and #thecanaries...just! #hesgotthegoose #biggestcheerofthenight.'
The gutsy goose now has its own Twitter account @thencfcgoose - which already has over 200 followers.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 10 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
The NCFC goose tweeted: 'Glad to have made my debut at Carrow Road tonight, thanks for the welcome. See you all on Sunday! #OTBC'
Norwich City face Sunderland for their first championship season home game this weekend.
Cerys Becker tweeted: 'Entertaining match. Entertaining goose. Through to the next round of the cup. What more could you want from a Tuesday night match?? #ncfc'