Plans for new bar and club at Norwich venue revealed
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A well-known bar in Norwich city centre has revealed hopes to expand, with plans for a new bar and club on its first floor.
Gonzo's Tea Rooms, on London Street, has lodged a premises licence bid with Norwich City Council to make use of the space.
Currently, the venue has a ground floor which is home to a bar and restaurant, with stairs leading up to an open-air roof terrace.
But the vision, lodged by owner Brad Baxter, would see its first floor space opened up for another bar and space for music performances.
The application seeks permission for films to be shown, live music, recorded music and dance performances to be put on and alcohol to be sold.
You may also want to watch:
It says the overall capacity for the bar and club will be determined by Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, once, should the application be approved, works have been completed.
Mr Baxter also runs Bermuda Bob's, on Timber Hill, which hosts live performances.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 7 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 8 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
The council received the application on June 24, with people given until July 22 to comment.