Golfer misses hole in one car prize by a whisker at Sheringham charity day
A successful golf day at Sheringham has driven the lady captain's charity cause for the year to beyond the �2,000 mark.
The day saw 111 golfers vying for various honours on the sunny seaside course as part of Lesley Goodman's efforts for her chosen cause.
Added to previous efforts during the year, it means �2,150 will be handed to the Friends of Kelling Hospital, whose projects include a new day room for patients.
Retired nurse lecturer Mrs Goodman said she wanted to help a health service cause and was pleased with the success, which was helped by local businesses sponsoring holes at ladies events during the year, and raffles.
The golf day was open to allcomers, and men, and included a hole in one prize at the 8th, which saw Steve Hudson come the closest, lipping out and missing the �10,000 Nissan Micra prize from Kevin Abbs of Crayford and Abbs by a whisker.
You may also want to watch:
Winners on the day were: Main competition - 1 M Read, F Spink, R Linge and N McFarquar, 2 K Kibblewhite, S Hudson, M Lampty and J Hall, 3 J Burdell, M Carr, B Stops and P Furhmann. Best front nine – L Goodman, P Howell, P Goldfinch, D Wakeley. Best back nine – A Williamson, C Tew, S Ecroyd and D Childs. Ladies team winners - A Whittington, S Wynne, C Jeffreys and D Oliver. Nearest the pin 11th - J Burdell (men), L Goodman (ladies). Longest Drive - C Phillips (men) H. Cargill (ladies).
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 8 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?