Golden Gorleston couple’s anniversary concert raises more than £2,000 for cancer charities
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A couple who celebrated their golden wedding anniversary with a glamorous concert raised more than £2,000 for cancer charities at the event.
Max and Fay Bedford, who have both dedicated their lives to entertaining, marked their 50th wedding anniversary on May 21 at the Ocean Room in Gorleston, with a variety performance to remember.
Both performed on the evening, which also saw Super Swing Big Band and veteran disc jockey David Clayton appear.
The event raised a grand total of £2,500, which was raised through ticket sales and raffle tickets on the night.
Mr and Mrs Bedford have pledged £2,000 of the money raised to the Macmillan Cancer Fund, while the remaining £500 has been donated to help fight breast cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bedford, 76, said; 'The event was a fantastic evening and everybody had a really great night. Our thanks goes to everybody who came.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 8 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk