Gold award for Great Yarmouth’s Lacons brewery
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Great Yarmouth brewery Lacons is toasting a gold award for its Falcon Ale at the UK's 2nd largest beer festival in Peterborough.
The CAMRA event, which attracted more than 30,000 people over five days, brought together about 400 different cask ales for enthusiasts to enjoy and saw 20,000 pints drunk on its opening evening.
Over 150 Brewers showcased their beers and a judging panel made up of CAMRA members and invited guests voted on their champion beers of the festival.
Lacons Falcon Ale fought off heavy competition in the best bitter category and emerged as victor with a gold award.
Lacons head brewer Wil Wood said: 'I am over the moon; Falcon Ale was reintroduced earlier this year as part of our heritage range, and is inspired by an original recipe dating from 1926. It has gained quite a following since its launch and recognition at this level is quite an honour.'
You may also want to watch:
Falcon is already available in many licensed establishments around East Anglia and will be available in bottles ready for the brewery's next public open day on Saturday September 27.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day