Going head to head: North Norfolk brewery wins silver in national competition
- Credit: Norfolk Brewhouse
A north Norfolk brewery is celebrating winning double silver at a prestigious national brewing competition.
The Norfolk Brewhouse, based in Hindringham, won the awards at the Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA) national awards, held in Sheffield, for their larger StubbleStag and DewHopper.
The brewery had to beat lagers from seven eastern counties to make it to the final, where they went head to head with winners from other regions across the country.
David Holliday, co-founder and brewer at The Norfolk Brewhouse said: 'To be awarded silver in both of the lager categories against such a strong line up was amazing. We take great pride in our craft lagers, but in fairness we are probably best known for our range of Moon Gazer ales, so the recognition for lager was really rewarding.
'There has been a revolution in the craft beer market over the last few years and it's great that beer enthusiasts can now enjoy a fantastically diverse range of craft lagers. When we started the brewery, just four years ago, our main focus was always going to be on real ale, but we also wanted craft lagers to be a small, but important part, of our portfolio, allowing us to reach out to more drinkers.
You may also want to watch:
'There is also a strong Norfolk flavour in both of the lagers as both brews use Norfolk Maris Otter barley from Norfolk maltster Crisp Maltings. The other ingredient, the hops however, are German and Czech, as they produce hop varieties well suited to lager. But clearly this blend of Norfolk and European ingredients is a winning combination.'
The brewery is now looking forward to developing its lager range further.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 6 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named