GoGoDragons! sticker album helps to boost Norfolk charity’s funds
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
The GoGoDragons! may have flown off from their Norwich trail but fans of the winged warriors can still enjoy reading about them in our two books dedicated to the colourful beasts.
And as well as being great souvenirs of the art trail brought to Norwich by children's charity Break and Wild in Art, our GoGoDragons! sticker book is also helping Break to benefit from a funding boost of about £15,000.
The EDP and Evening News teamed up with East of England Co-op to create the album which saw more than 8,000 albums sold and about 1.5 million stickers snapped up.
Meanwhile Year of the Dragons - our end-of-year celebration of the whole GoGoDragons! story - has already sold nearly 2,000 copies and is still available to buy.
GoGoDragons! project manager Martin Green said it was great how the books had brought an extra dimension to the trail, and that the money raised from the sticker album would help Break's work to transform the lives of young people in need.
'In terms of the money that goes towards supporting some of Break's services, every penny counts, and we are really delighted that such a large amount has been raised,' he said.
EDP and Evening News editor Nigel Pickover said: 'Break brought an amazing trail of 84 wonderful decorated dragons to Norwich that brought joy to people of all ages during the summer.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 6 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 9 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 10 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
'We have been delighted with the success of both the GoGoDragons! sticker album and our Year of the Dragons book.'
The Year of the Dragons book costs £5 and is available to buy at EDP offices, East of England Co-op stores and Norwich department store Jarrold as well as online at www.buyamag.co.uk/YTD15
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org