GoGoDragons! fans are snapping up our new souvenir book
- Credit: Steve Adams
Hundreds of copies of our special souvenir book celebrating Norwich's GoGoDragons! have been flying off the shelves.
The book – called Year of the Dragons – has been created by the EDP and Norwich Evening News with support from the East of England Co-op, and it looks back at this summer's GoGoDragons! charity art trail brought to Norwich by children's charity Break and Wild in Art.
The fiery friends captured the imaginations of people of all ages throughout the summer, and lots of people have been snapping up Year of the Dragons to relive the highlights of the project.
The book, which costs £5, can be bought at Jarrold department store in Norwich, EDP and Evening News offices, most East of England Co-op shops and online.
EDP and Evening News editor Nigel Pickover said: 'Our Year of the Dragons book salutes the incredible GoGoDragons! who brought so much joy to people young and old over the summer. It is great to see people are enjoying our souvenir book and we hope it will make a wonderful Christmas present for the many dragon fans who took the winged warriors to their hearts.'
Chris Rushby, book buyer/manager at Jarrold, said: 'On the back of the GoGoDragons! initiative it was a summer of dragon-related sales at Jarrolds: books, figurines, toys – the whole thing really captured the imagination.
'It's great to have this new book, now, as a memento of a special summer.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 4 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 5 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 6 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 9 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 10 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
'The strong early sales suggest this book is going to be in the Christmas stockings of many people from the region whose imaginations were captured by the dragons this year.'
Roger Grosvenor, executive officer – retail for the East of England Co-op, said: 'We're really pleased to be one of the places that people can pick up the souvenir book Year of the Dragons, which is not only a great memento of the summer of fun people had taking part in the art trail around Norwich, but will also help raise even more much needed funds for Break charity.'
The Year of the Dragons book is available now and costs £5 to buy.
Where you can buy Year of the Dragons
• EAST OF ENGLAND CO-OP STORES:
Laundry Lane, Thorpe St Andrew
Cannerby Lane, Sprowston
Hall Road, Lakenham
Heyford Road, Norwich
Middletons Lane, Hellesdon
Crostwick Lane, Spixworth
Norwich Road, Costessey
Lovelace Road, Eaton
Holt Road, Horsford
Dereham Road, Norwich
The Street, Long Stratton
Main Street, Acle
Dereham Road, North Earlham
Unthank Road, Golden Triangle
Woodgrove Parade, Catton
Gresham Avenue, Lowestoft
Witard Road, Heartsease
Aylsham Road, Mile Cross
Norwich Railway Station
Riverside, Old Swaffham Road, Dereham
Friar Tuck Road, Tuckswood
Colman Road, Norwich
Lime Tree Avenue, Wymondham
Earlham Green Lane, Earlham
London Road, Harleston
Shipdham Road, Toftwood
Cromer Road, Norwich
Station Road, Heacham
High Street, Caister
Church Street, Sheringham
Church Street, Briston
The Green, Martham
Magdalen Way, Gorleston
Beresford Road, Great Yarmouth
Rigbourne Hill, Beccles
Briston Road, Melton Constable
Repps Road, Martham
Broad Street, Eye
Main Road, Clenchwarton
• EDP AND EVENING NEWS OFFICES:
Mere Street, Diss
Rouen Road, Norwich
High Street, Dereham
Norwich Street, Fakenham
Church Street, Cromer
King Street, Great Yarmouth
London Road North, Lowestoft
• The book department of Norwich department store JARROLD.
• You can also order online at www.buyamag.co.uk/YTD15