Go-ahead given for large estate in Swaffham
A large estate will be built on the edge of the town after Breckland councillors unanimously backed the plans.
Members of the planning committee approved outline planning permission for 250 homes off Brandon Road yesterday (Monday).
The Abel Homes Swans Nest site will have two access roads off Brandon Road.
A footpath for cyclists and walkers will also be built on the side of the A1065 from the estate to the town centre.
The committee heard a petition against the plans attracted some 60 signatures.
You may also want to watch:
Concerns included an increase in traffic.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea