‘Glitzy’ Great Yarmouth couple set to brave the shave at Gorleston’s Cliff Hotel
- Credit: Kay Downham
A Great Yarmouth shop owner is shaving off her long locks in support of her cousin who is battling cancer.
Kay Downham is making the huge commitment and sacrifice at a craft fair being staged at Gorleston's Cliff Hotel on August 1.
The 50-year-old will be supported by her husband Nigel, 49, who will also be going for the chop.
The couple who run Ultimate Glitz in Victoria Arcade have been deeply affected by cancer.
Mrs Downham's mother lost her husband several years ago, and her sister and brother-in-law within a few months of each other.
You may also want to watch:
Their daughter, who has two young children, is also now battling the disease.
The couple are among more than 7000 people nationwide who are collectively raising close to £1m for Macmillan Cancer Support's Brave the Shave.
To sponsor the couple visit their online donation page by clicking here.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich