Glider pilot makes emergency landing near Watton
A glider pilot escaped unharmed after making an emergency landing in a field near Watton.
The grounded glider was captured on camera today by reader Paul Russon, who uploaded the image to our website iwitness24.
The cameraman said the aircraft, which was supposed to be flying from Diss to Marham, made the landing at Threxton, near Watton, this afternoon at around 2.30pm.
Mr Russon said: 'I managed to speak to the pilot, who was none the worse for his experience, before he went off in search of the owner of the field. He said that it was such a lovely day but he got a little too low and had to make the unscheduled landing.'
You can upload your pictures and videos by logging on to norfolk.iwitness24.co.uk or you can download, from their respective stores, the smartphone apps for iPhone or Android, searching for iwitness24.
You may also want to watch:
Visit us at www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft