Glider pilot makes emergency landing near Watton
A glider pilot escaped unharmed after making an emergency landing in a field near Watton.
The grounded glider was captured on camera today by reader Paul Russon, who uploaded the image to our website iwitness24.
The cameraman said the aircraft, which was supposed to be flying from Diss to Marham, made the landing at Threxton, near Watton, this afternoon at around 2.30pm.
Mr Russon said: 'I managed to speak to the pilot, who was none the worse for his experience, before he went off in search of the owner of the field. He said that it was such a lovely day but he got a little too low and had to make the unscheduled landing.'
You can upload your pictures and videos by logging on to norfolk.iwitness24.co.uk or you can download, from their respective stores, the smartphone apps for iPhone or Android, searching for iwitness24.
Visit us at www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue