Limited edition glass canaries created to celebrate Norwich City’s promotion
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Following a stunning Championship season, the Canaries' reputation is as solid as a rock.
And these creations made in honour of Norwich's City's victory are made of material just as robust, but far more beautiful.
Langham Glass - one of the UK's oldest glass making firms - has created 250 limited edition glass canaries, each perched on a clear, crystal football.
Jonathan Miller, managing director, said each seven inch tall canary was hand crafted, individually numbered, and came with a certificate of authenticity and the signature of mater glass maker, Paul Miller, who also designed them.
Jonathan said: "Paul's been a season ticket holder at Norwich for a number of years, and like everybody else, he has celebrated and commiserated with the club over those years.
You may also want to watch:
"It's such a big achievement for Norwich this year and we felt it was fitting of a commemorative piece.
"They're each made of a solid piece of glass, and each one is slightly different because they were made individually. Jonathan added: "They've been popular so far and we've had some really good feedback from people."
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
The canary number one will be sent to Norwich City's joint majority shareholder Delia Smith and number two will go to head coach Daniel Farke.
Jonathan said it was not the first time Langham Glass had done something to mark the club's success.
He said: "We did it as well when in 2011 when they got promoted. We've now had people ringing up and saying they had number 43 in that collection, and could they reserve the same one in this set so they have the same number. So people are collecting them as well."
The canaries cost £89.95, and can be bought online at www.langhamglass.co.uk or by calling 01328 863500.
Langham Glass was established in 1979, and is based in Fakenham.