‘He was a lovely old boy’ - Tributes at scene where man in his 80s died in incident with teenagers
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been left outside a house where a man in his 80s died in an incident involving a group of teenagers.
Four people were arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident, which happened in Wisbech on Saturday afternoon.
Two girls - aged 14 and 16 - have been bailed. A girl, aged 12, and a man were released with no further action.
Today the semi-detached property, on Edinburgh Drive, remained cordoned off with police tape. Officers were guarding the house, at the junction with Acacia Avenue.
The man who died has been named on tributes left with flowers outside the house. One read simply: "RIP Pat will be missed."
You may also want to watch:
One man who lives nearby said: "He was a lovely old boy."
Neighbours said they rushed to the home of the man and one tried to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 3 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
Other neighbours said they went to the man's property after hearing noises.
A police spokesman said: "We were called at about 5pm on Saturday by the ambulance service with reports of a man in cardiac arrest in Edinburgh Drive, Wisbech.
"The man, in his 80s, sadly passed away at the scene. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained.
"Three girls aged 12, 14 and 16 and a 20-year-old man were arrested in connection with the incident. Two girls aged 14 and 16 have been bailed until October 25. The other 12-year-old girl and the man have been released with no further action."
A post mortem on the man who died is being held.