Nine-year-old girl cleans up rubbish on Norfolk beaches
- Credit: Archant
A nine-year-old girl has been cleaning a different Norfolk beach each day since lockdown restrictions were lifted.
Ayda Tarry’s mother Leahanna, from Norwich, said: “She has become so irritated by the mess left behind on the local beaches that she’s been travelling every night to clear up the rubbish.
“She’s been to a different beach each night and cleared up bags of rubbish, plastic and beer cans and taken them home for recycling.
“She recently paid £10 out of her pocket money to buy a litter picker to clear it up safely, as she just uses marigold gloves.
“She insists that we take our daily exercise at a different beach every day, so she can do her handiwork.”
You may also want to watch:
The young girl has shared her message on social media and said: “If I’m nine, and I can pick up other people’s rubbish from the beach, you, as adults, can take your own rubbish home.”
- 1 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 2 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 6 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 7 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 8 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 9 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week