Nine-year-old girl cleans up rubbish on Norfolk beaches
- Credit: Archant
A nine-year-old girl has been cleaning a different Norfolk beach each day since lockdown restrictions were lifted.
Ayda Tarry’s mother Leahanna, from Norwich, said: “She has become so irritated by the mess left behind on the local beaches that she’s been travelling every night to clear up the rubbish.
“She’s been to a different beach each night and cleared up bags of rubbish, plastic and beer cans and taken them home for recycling.
“She recently paid £10 out of her pocket money to buy a litter picker to clear it up safely, as she just uses marigold gloves.
“She insists that we take our daily exercise at a different beach every day, so she can do her handiwork.”
You may also want to watch:
The young girl has shared her message on social media and said: “If I’m nine, and I can pick up other people’s rubbish from the beach, you, as adults, can take your own rubbish home.”
- 1 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 2 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 3 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 4 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 5 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 6 Endangered red kite shot dead and hung from tree
- 7 Man who plagued neighbourhood with loud music has speakers seized
- 8 Teacher's safety calls after e-scooter hit and run
- 9 Hospital owner vows 'never again' as liquidator called in
- 10 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again