Gin fans help raise more than £900 for sight loss charity
- Credit: Archant
Gin fans have helped raise more than £900 for Norfolk's sight loss charity during a cocktail evening held in Norwich.
Drinks expert Johnny Wyndham, from VanVino, led the evening which saw guests learn about gin, its history and resurgence.
It is the second time Mr Wyndham has led an event to raise funds for the Norfolk & Norwich Association for the Blind (NNAB), which supports visually-impaired people across the county to enjoy active, independent and fulfilled lives.
NNAB director Clive Evans said: 'Fundraising is always better when it's fun, and the gin evening was certainly that.
'We are very grateful to Johnny and to everyone who supported the event, and it's fantastic that it raised over £900 to support the work that we do here in Norfolk.'
The NNAB's next fundraising event is an open day at Ditchingham Garden on Sunday, April 14.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit