Gifted student given a gift by Queen at Sandringham
A King's Lynn teenager was yesterday presented with a gift from the Queen to mark his academic achievements.
Jon Page, who studied at Springwood High School, King's Lynn, received a special prize after gaining top exam results last summer.
The teenager was joined at Sandringham by his dad Andrew Page, mum Susan Cranko Page and Springwood High School headteacher Andrew Johnson.
He said: 'I was quite nervous when we were driving up to Sandringham but also really looking forward to it.
'We arrived a bit early and it was the waiting that made me more nervous but as soon as we went through everyone was really friendly which helped to calm my nerves.
You may also want to watch:
'We were then shown through to a room where the Queen was and meeting her was a lot more comfortable that I thought it would be.
'We discussed Oxford University and the importance of maths. It was an amazing experience and an incredible honour to meet the Queen.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
'I never dreamed I would meet her. You see her on the TV but to be in the same room and talking to someone known by millions of people around the world was brilliant.'
He added: 'This book is quite a neat thing to have and it is something I will treasure forever.'
The 18-year-old gained an two A* in maths and further maths and an A in physics at A level.
His mum added: 'It was wonderful to meet the Queen. She was charming and very relaxed.
'I am so proud of him because it has only been through his hard work that he has achieved these grades and be given the chance to meet the Queen.'