Gifted student given a gift by Queen at Sandringham
A King's Lynn teenager was yesterday presented with a gift from the Queen to mark his academic achievements.
Jon Page, who studied at Springwood High School, King's Lynn, received a special prize after gaining top exam results last summer.
The teenager was joined at Sandringham by his dad Andrew Page, mum Susan Cranko Page and Springwood High School headteacher Andrew Johnson.
He said: 'I was quite nervous when we were driving up to Sandringham but also really looking forward to it.
'We arrived a bit early and it was the waiting that made me more nervous but as soon as we went through everyone was really friendly which helped to calm my nerves.
'We were then shown through to a room where the Queen was and meeting her was a lot more comfortable that I thought it would be.
'We discussed Oxford University and the importance of maths. It was an amazing experience and an incredible honour to meet the Queen.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 8 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 9 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 10 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
'I never dreamed I would meet her. You see her on the TV but to be in the same room and talking to someone known by millions of people around the world was brilliant.'
He added: 'This book is quite a neat thing to have and it is something I will treasure forever.'
The 18-year-old gained an two A* in maths and further maths and an A in physics at A level.
His mum added: 'It was wonderful to meet the Queen. She was charming and very relaxed.
'I am so proud of him because it has only been through his hard work that he has achieved these grades and be given the chance to meet the Queen.'