Giant yacht weaves its way through Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
The 65ft long yacht Maresia has arrived in Great Yarmouth after negotiating its way through into the town this afternoon from North Walsham.
The 20ft high boat entered Yarmouth via the Acle Straight, trundled over Breydon Bridge and then travelled down Pasteur Road where it turned right into Southtown Road.
She was escorted by police motorbike outriders who stopped traffic to make sure the Maresia reached its destination Alicat Shipyard, where the yacht will be launched next week.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors