Giant yacht weaves its way through Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
The 65ft long yacht Maresia has arrived in Great Yarmouth after negotiating its way through into the town this afternoon from North Walsham.
The 20ft high boat entered Yarmouth via the Acle Straight, trundled over Breydon Bridge and then travelled down Pasteur Road where it turned right into Southtown Road.
She was escorted by police motorbike outriders who stopped traffic to make sure the Maresia reached its destination Alicat Shipyard, where the yacht will be launched next week.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash