Giant wheel is heading to resort for the Easter to bring in more crowds
Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones is again bringing a landmark attraction to Great Yarmouth’s seafront in time for Easter.
The Elegance Wheel spent the summer in Southsea, Hampshire, but will take up its place on the Golden Mile, providing a towering feature that will be visible for miles.
Mr Jones said he was delighted to bring a giant wheel back to the resort - this time with covered pods making it an all-weather ride.
He said: “We realised last year because we had the open gondolas that people preferred them covered. It will provide a great visual advert for the town.”
In Southsea it was known as the Solent Wheel and famously had to be dismantled in October because of fears migrating geese would fly into it.
You may also want to watch:
The wheel has 24 carriages that seat up to six people. It is set to arrive in Yarmouth on February 22 and will take three or four days to put up.
It was made in Italy at a cost of £750,000.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash