Giant wheel is heading to resort for the Easter to bring in more crowds
Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones is again bringing a landmark attraction to Great Yarmouth’s seafront in time for Easter.
The Elegance Wheel spent the summer in Southsea, Hampshire, but will take up its place on the Golden Mile, providing a towering feature that will be visible for miles.
Mr Jones said he was delighted to bring a giant wheel back to the resort - this time with covered pods making it an all-weather ride.
He said: “We realised last year because we had the open gondolas that people preferred them covered. It will provide a great visual advert for the town.”
In Southsea it was known as the Solent Wheel and famously had to be dismantled in October because of fears migrating geese would fly into it.
You may also want to watch:
The wheel has 24 carriages that seat up to six people. It is set to arrive in Yarmouth on February 22 and will take three or four days to put up.
It was made in Italy at a cost of £750,000.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront