Giant wheel is heading to resort for the Easter to bring in more crowds
Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones is again bringing a landmark attraction to Great Yarmouth’s seafront in time for Easter.
The Elegance Wheel spent the summer in Southsea, Hampshire, but will take up its place on the Golden Mile, providing a towering feature that will be visible for miles.
Mr Jones said he was delighted to bring a giant wheel back to the resort - this time with covered pods making it an all-weather ride.
He said: “We realised last year because we had the open gondolas that people preferred them covered. It will provide a great visual advert for the town.”
In Southsea it was known as the Solent Wheel and famously had to be dismantled in October because of fears migrating geese would fly into it.
The wheel has 24 carriages that seat up to six people. It is set to arrive in Yarmouth on February 22 and will take three or four days to put up.
It was made in Italy at a cost of £750,000.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk