Get, set, and do a 160ft bungee for Big C!
- Credit: Archant
Daredevils and thrill-seekers from around the county are being urged to take a leap of faith to raise money for a Norfolk-based cancer charity.
The Big Bungee is the latest fundraising effort to be announced by The Big C.
Organisers are urging people over the age of 16 to get involved by taking to the skies in Norwich and plunging from a 160ft crane bungee jump - all while experiencing the amazing views high above the city.
Clive Evans, director of income generation and communications for Big C, said: 'Life is all about having different experiences and creating memories and this is certainly one you'll never forget.
'Every day around 22 people are diagnosed with cancer across Norfolk and Waveney. Those signing up for The Big Bungee are ensuring that we can continue to provide the best support and care to the local community.
You may also want to watch:
'It's only through the generosity of our supporters who give up their time to fundraise for us, that we're able to continue making a difference. Some people take to the skies, run, jump walk, swim and cycle, whilst others make tea, bake cakes or donate items to our shops. Whatever the activity, our supporters are directly helping local people affected by cancer.'
The crane will be based outside of The Forum in Millennium Plain, in the city centre. Jumps will take place on June 11 from 12pm to 5pm.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
If participants raise £200 in sponsorship they will be eligible to bungee for free.
Every jump means that the Big C can provide two people with the support and information they require when affected by cancer and ensures the charity provides the best in cancer care.
The crane bungee jump, which takes place over a giant airbag, is being run on behalf of Big C by UK Bungee Club.
- Limited early bird tickets for The Big Bungee are available at £65 via the Big C website at www.big-c.co.uk/bungee.
- To learn more about the work Big C does to improve the lives of those affected by cancer in Norfolk and Waveney, visit the website at www.big-c.co.uk.