Get on your bike for a really good cause - Entries have opened for Cycle Together Sandringham
With new routes and distances, the annual Cycle Together Sandringham event this summer promises a day of wheely good fun.
Now in it's fifth year, the charity ride, organised by disability charity Leonard Cheshire, will begin in the beautiful grounds of Park House in Sandringham taking cyclists through the quiet country roads of the neighbouring villages.
Money raised from the event goes towards Park House Hotel, a haven for people with disabilities and their carers to enjoy a holiday in the Norfolk countryside.
Park House Hotel manager, Tess Gilder, said: 'This event raises vital funds for Park House, which gives disabled people and their carers the chance of a much-needed holiday.
'While 100% of the entry fees go direct to the charity, we also urge participants to raise as much as they can through sponsorship so we can do even more for our disabled guests when they visit.'
You may also want to watch:
The fully sign-posted routes includes the usual family-friendly 10 mile route with the 20 mile route extended to 25 miles. The usual 50 mile route is being retained and a new 75 mile route has been added for those looking for a challenge.
Hard core cyclists can still choose to ride the 100 mile route spanning the North Norfolk coast and all routes are equipped with mechanical and medical support.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 5 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 6 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 7 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
Feed stations will be located at Holkham, Great Bircham and Shernborne, featuring Park House's legendary home-made flapjacks as well as other nutritious snacks and energy drinks.
For those not keen on breaking a sweat, there will be food and drink tents at Park House for all to enjoy including Marston's free beer-tasting tent.
Cycle Together attracts over 500 entrants and has raised over £60,000 in the last four years. Organisers are hoping to raise enough money for a new outdoor activity area for wheelchair users.
Phil Davies, cycling enthusiast and Park House fundraiser said: 'With summer on its way many of us look for the best opportunities to make the most of the great outdoors. What could be better than to be part of something fun and exciting, joining hundreds of cyclists on a day to remember, and for a very worthy local cause.'
The event is scheduled for Sunday, June 18. To enter and for more information visit leonardcheshire.org/cycletogether