Get in training for the Grand East Anglia Run at King’s Lynn
Training sessions are about to start for this year's Bespak Grand East Anglia Run.
They're being organised by Ryston Runners and will all take place at Lynsport. The hour-long training sessions are aimed at beginners and improvers to help them prepare for the big race on May 6.
Starting at King's Lynn Corn Exchange, on the Tuesday Market Place, the 10km main race heads out through the town along the waterfront, following a course which winds back through the streets of the town.
Sessions will take place each Wednesday in March, starting at 7pm.
Race director Roger Partridge said: 'These pre-race training events have proved very popular in the past.
'They can help people focus their training and alleviate their nerves if they haven't run in a formal event before.
'I am delighted that Ryston Runners has offered to run these events. They are a local club, with fully qualified UKA coaches and many years' experience in training athletes for all sorts of events.'
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 4 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 5 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
Andy Smith, from Ryston Runners, said: 'These training sessions are designed to be fun as well as practical.
'They will be an opportunity to learn some top tips about training and running in race conditions. They will also enable race entrants to meet other runners.
'We hope that the events will prepare people not only for this race but also for other events they may enter in the future.'
The sessions are free of charge for anyone participating in the Bespak GEAR.
For more information about the Bespak GEAR or to enter online visit www.grandeastangliarun.co.uk
The Bespak GEAR training sessions take place on March 7, 14, 21 and 28, starting at 7pm.