Geldeston man charged after fighting and boat damage at Beccles marina
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged following an incident at Beccles Yacht Station in which a fight broke out and boats were damaged.
Thirty-year-old Jason Wilson, from Geldeston, was charged with using threatening language or behaviour with intent to cause alarm or distress.
Suffolk Police were called to Beccles marina on Saturday evening, August 12, after receiving reports that a fight had broken out.
The Lowestoft and Southwold Coastguard Rescue Teams were also paged to reports of a vessel collision in the marina.
Upon arrival, police officers and coastguards witnessed a vessel being driven erratically up and down the river.
You may also want to watch:
During a two-hour negotiation period in which the driver refused to stop, the assistance of Hemsby Broads Lifeboat was requested. The lifeboat went down river and met with the vessel, where police were able to board.
Wilson, who was initially arrested on suspicion of causing an affray, is due to appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Monday, September 4.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash