International exhibition opens starring local girl
- Credit: Archant
An international photography exhibition featuring a Norfolk girl with a rare skin condition has opened in London.
Seven-year-old Rosabella Harrison from Geldeston will appear in the 'How do you C Me Now' exhibition after sitting for world-renowned fashion photographer, Brock Elbank.
Rosabella, who attends St Felix School in Southwold, was born with congenital melanocytic naevus (CMN) – a type of birthmark which appears in less than one in 20,000 newborn babies.
Her mother, Chantelle Harrison, said: 'It's an incredibly rare condition. They wanted to promote it in a positive way and they liked how Rosabella exudes confidence.
'There are some children who couldn't cope with it but she has grown into such a fantastic young girl.'
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition aims to increase the confidence of those with the condition, but also challenge the conventional perceptions of beauty.
It is showcased at London's South Bank until March 24 before travelling around the world.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop