GCSE Results 2017: Pakefield High pupils praised for impressive results
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students at Pakefield High School have been praised for their 'incredibly impressive' achievements.
A total of 50pc of pupils achieved a grade four or above in both English and Maths, compared with 56pc last year.
Headteacher Anthony Walker said: 'I am extremely proud that our students have performed so well, particularly in core subjects of English and mathematics.
'In the context of the introduction of more challenging and demanding new GCSEs it is incredibly impressive that our students have achieved double the national rate of the newly-introduced highest grade nine.'
Kathryn Skazick was congratulated for achieving 13 grade A* and As, while Maisie Wright, Laura Preece and Sophie Miller each achieved 11.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Walker added: 'Equally impressive was the achievement of Mia Dale who made outstanding progress - exceeding the national expectation by three GCSE grades in each subject.
'I would like to congratulate our students and staff on their commitment to learning, and thank our parents, carers and governors for their ongoing support of the school.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 10 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online