Gas leak closes roads in Stalham town centre

Parts of Stalham town centre were out-of-bounds yesterday evening as fire crews and police dealt with a gas leak.

Emergency services were called to a home on High Street at about 6.20pm after gas leaked into the cellar.

Surrounding roads were closed as a precaution while firefighters from Stalham, Martham and Carrow dealt with the incident.

They wore breathing apparatus, checked the cellar with a gas detector and ventilated the property with a large fan.

No-one was injured and the roads were re-opened at 8.05pm.


You may also want to watch:


Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus