Gas leak closes roads in Stalham town centre
Parts of Stalham town centre were out-of-bounds yesterday evening as fire crews and police dealt with a gas leak.
Emergency services were called to a home on High Street at about 6.20pm after gas leaked into the cellar.
Surrounding roads were closed as a precaution while firefighters from Stalham, Martham and Carrow dealt with the incident.
They wore breathing apparatus, checked the cellar with a gas detector and ventilated the property with a large fan.
No-one was injured and the roads were re-opened at 8.05pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way