Nursing home celebrates gardening award
- Credit: Kingsley Healthcare
Staff and residents at a nursing home in Great Yarmouth are celebrating success in Kingsley Healthcare’s In Bloom contest.
Competing against Kingsley’s 28 other homes across the country, Eversley Nursing Home in North Denes Road clinched the runner-up prize behind Colne House care home near Halstead in Essex.
At Eversley, staff and residents devised a display with hanging baskets and garden pots, which included vegetables and herbs as well as colourful flowers.
Home manager, Ewa Kujawa, said she would be consulting staff about how best to spend their £100 prize on further enhancing the garden.
She said: “Everyone was so excited when they learned of our success. We will be looking to buy plants that can be dug up and replanted when we develop the garden of our new, enlarged home.”
You may also want to watch:
Eversley will soon undergo a £5m redevelopment which will see an extension built on the neighbouring site of a disused hotel.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation