Gardeners wanted to help with Norwich green spaces
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A volunteer group is looking for guardians of the garden and serious weed warriors to help improve some of Norwich's green spaces.
Lakenham and Town Close Green Spaces is looking for volunteers to take part in gardening projects to improve areas in Lakenham and Town Close.
On Saturday, June 24, from 10am until midday, weeding with be taking place at Beaumont Place. The meeting point is at Eagle Walk play area.
Every Monday is the Tuckswood Food Growing Project on the green at the Tuckswood Centre. From 1pm till 4pm the project will teach keen gardeners how to grow their own food while offering conversation with other volunteers.
On Saturday, July 1 the NR2 Community Gardening Group will be meeting at The Peoples Palace Cafe, Vauxhall Street, Norwich, to tackle the green areas of the Jenny Lind Park.
You may also want to watch:
Tools and gloves are provided.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk