WATCH: Fire fighters arrive at a large garage fire
- Credit: Archant
The moment fire fighters arrived at a grass fire that had spread to a garden shed and garage has been captured by a passer-by.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Carrow and Earlham arrived at the fire in Fairway, Costessey, at 12.23pm today.
A garage has been partially damaged and the shed has been burnt down.
Nine fire fighters used hose reel jets and a hydrant to put the flames out within 15 minutes of arrival.
Angela Clarke, who lives in Queen's Hill, got footage of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I noticed the thick black smoke about 12.10pm lunch time and ran round the back of my property to see where it was coming from.
'What I found was a fire in the back garden of a house on fairway Queen's Hill, the shed fence and joining garages had all caught fire and was spreading fast.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
'The fire service turned up about five minutes after I arrived and put out the fire very quickly.'