Garage contents and two sheds destroyed in Bradwell Blaze
- Credit: Archant
A fire that tore through a garage and two sheds in Bradwell has left a resident distressed, but thankful it did not spread further.
Firefighters were called at around 12.30pm today, after a blaze broke out in the garage of a Burgh Road bungalow, spreading to two garden sheds.
Two appliances from Great Yarmouth and two from Gorleston attended the scene, with a team of 16 firefighters tackling the fire.
Glen South, incident commander, said: 'Both sheds have been destroyed as well as their contents and the garage, which had butane cylinders inside.
'Our team did really well in preventing further damage - if it wasn't for the prompt action of the crew the bungalow could have been affected, as could properties nearby.'
You may also want to watch:
One of the two residents of the bungalow said they were relieved that the bungalow did not suffer, but said she was too distressed to further discuss the incident.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?