Garage contents and two sheds destroyed in Bradwell Blaze
- Credit: Archant
A fire that tore through a garage and two sheds in Bradwell has left a resident distressed, but thankful it did not spread further.
Firefighters were called at around 12.30pm today, after a blaze broke out in the garage of a Burgh Road bungalow, spreading to two garden sheds.
Two appliances from Great Yarmouth and two from Gorleston attended the scene, with a team of 16 firefighters tackling the fire.
Glen South, incident commander, said: 'Both sheds have been destroyed as well as their contents and the garage, which had butane cylinders inside.
'Our team did really well in preventing further damage - if it wasn't for the prompt action of the crew the bungalow could have been affected, as could properties nearby.'
You may also want to watch:
One of the two residents of the bungalow said they were relieved that the bungalow did not suffer, but said she was too distressed to further discuss the incident.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 6 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge